Security analytics to identify and prevent risks
Attackers have grown smarter, but so have those in IT who are in charge of keeping electronic assets safe. The CompTIA CySA+ course allows you to perform data analysis and assess results to identify vulnerabilities, threats, and risks. You will also use your ability to analyze potential attacks in configuring and using threat-detection tools suitable to the organization.
The CompTIA CySA+ is an intermediate level prep course and training includes an understanding of how an analytics-based solution within IT security can help organizations identify and prevent attacks from hackers who have the ability to evade traditional solutions such as firewalls. This practical program is delivered through scenario-style applications around threat management, vulnerability management, cyber incident response, and security architecture and toolsets – which are the four key elements of the CompTIA CySA+ certification course.
TechnoEdge is proud to offer the CompTIA CySA+ prep course accredited by CompTIA, one of its Cybersecurity certification programs. This means that you will receive the same information used to create the CySA+ exam that leads to certification that is compliant with the U.S. Department of Defense regulations. With CompTIA training partners like TechnoEdge, located around the globe, you’ll be in good company taking the CySA+ accredited training.
Passing the exam is up to you but with our instructors who have experience with CompTIA and their exams, they ensure you have the best chance possible because they have been through the certification process themselves. CompTIA has high standards for its training partners which ensures the use of official CompTIA content in the CySA+ prep course. Plus, you’ll learn this information quickly and feel confident in taking the exam sooner than by studying through most other methods.
This course will allow you to secure and protect applications and systems within an organization using a range of tools and techniques you define as meeting the needs of that organization. With the volume of threats in the digital space on the increase, CompTIA CySA+ training is in demand with over 1.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams being delivered to date.
As an Authorized Training Partner with CompTIA, the prep course delivered through TechnoEdge Learning is always the most up-to-date with the latest information on cybersecurity analysis.
For those planning to earn the CompTIA CySA+ certification, you’ll be making a valuable choice for your career. More than ever, in our digital world, organizations know that cyber attackers have learned how to evade traditional signature-based solutions such as firewalls. This makes an analytics-based approach – like that covered in a CySA+ program – increasingly important for IT team members. These behavioral analytics tools skills help cybersecurity professionals identify and combat malware and advanced persistent threats (APT) across the organization.
CompTIA CySA+ preparation programs are ideally suited for those looking for the following IT security analyst skills:
- Perform analysis to identify data vulnerabilities, threats, and risks to an organization
- Configure and use threat-detection tools
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization
CompTIA CySA+ certification key learning points
- Threat management – reconnaissance techniques, tools, analysis and implementation of appropriate response
- Security architecture and tool sets – use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management and recommend strategy
- Vulnerability management implementation and analysis
- Cyber-incident response – determine incident impact from threat data and prepare tool kit with forensic tools, communication strategy and best practices
CompTIA CySA+ certification course outline
- Within scenarios, apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools and processes and analyze results
- Given a network-based threat, implement or recommend the appropriate response and countermeasure to a network-based threat
- Explain methodology to secure a corporate environment
- Within scenarios, implement an information security vulnerability management process; analyze results from a scan; and compare and contrast common vulnerabilities
Cyber Incident Response
- Within scenarios, distinguish threat data or behavior to determine potential incident impact; prepare a toolkit and use appropriate forensics tools during investigation; analyze symptoms to select the best course of action
- Explain the importance of communication during the process
Security Architecture and Tool Sets
- Within scenarios, use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management; review security architecture and make recommendations to implement compensating controls; and use application security best practices and participate in the software development life cycle